Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 12

I Tried

when will you smile

My weekend was great.

On Friday I met good ol' John D. We had good talk. And at YDM practice we practiced like mad...and came up with a hip-hop/rock version for "Big". And Swee Mei gave me a nice back massage. I also found out Uri filed a police report against AJ.

Saturday started out very messy. I woke up very late and got scolded severely for it. In school I met Chris, Louie and Wendy. I hadn't seen them in a month or two so I was real glad to see them. They came up with this new sort of joke....

Example: "Props, props, props to Joel, for getting 6 girls to sit around him just now."

At PASAR, Louie belanja-ed me to a mi-goreng (oh yeah I'm gonna' miss this too. So maybe I'm gonna bring 3 boxes of it!!!). Alexis, AJ and John D came along. Today was going to be the day I transfer ownership of John D's SIM card from me to him. It's a long and dodgy story. Alexis, JD and I walked to DST Yayasan. And the line was so freakin' long, I said "John, this will take forever." Although I said that I got into line.

It didn't take forever to get into the building. The lady at the counter was calm and collected, and she understood the situation. So it took merely 3 minutes to get the whole transfer of SIM card ownership from me to John D which was good. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, Alexis, who wanted to register HIS SIM card, had an expired IC and no passport. And guess who got footed with the responsibility to register Alexis' SIM card under his name....no other than good-natured IC-bringing pimple-face me. He returned the favour by buying me a sundae.

At around 12 I got back to school to perform on the keyboard for the childrens, who were having a American Idol-type show for kids from different classes to perform, and to let the whole primary section vote. And the voters have to pay to vote. I think it costs one dollar to vote. SGS is really finding ways to make moneh. There was this one girl from Primary 3 who really sang "It's All Coming Back To Me" so powerfully, and with emot-emot (emotion). I texted Shenny saying "Hey someone's singing your song..."

Soon enough it was my turn. I played the Pink Panther Theme in dance mode (told you I have double standard issues). Then those pop staples that children like. Axel F, Popcorn, Exploration of Space. But somehow I didn't like my performance at all. Cikgu Izan was sort of MCing to my beats. Her voice overpowered my tunes. I mean..."You're already the show's MC. Give me MY turn!"

After that small gig I went to Empire for my mum's office's Family Day. I met Aaron Corpuz who I talked to for most of the afternoon. Y'know the Empire is a nice place to have a 626 session.

At night, I came home to a practice for Sunday's service. Grace was there. I tried.

Sunday was the big day for me, cause I'd be performing on stage at the Filipino National Day Celebration.

By 11.30pm I was at Beribi at the 5th floor of the Scout's HQ in a huge air-conditioned hall, with at least 500-600 Filipinos present. "Is THIS how many people I'm going to be performing in front of?" Then something terrible hit me. Nervousness. Melissa (Chris' sister) told me, "You've played so many times at school. Why be nervous?" How nice of her to keep it together. She also introduced me to her boyfriend, whose name I forgot! Again it happened.

Ms. Bheng whether I wanted to play during the lunch intermission from 12.00-12.30 instead of playing the opening act from 12.30 to 12.40. Somehow I picked to play the 30 minutes. My Dad and Ms. Bheng asked me "Do you have enough songs to go through 30 minutes?" I firmly answered yes.

After I was introduced by Mr. Castletort (yes that's his real name), I set up my keyboard on the stage. I couldn't believe how many people I saw. So many heads. So then I started my session by starting with "Sway" and 15 other songs (including The Final Countdown, I Will Survive, Loving You and those dance tunes Popcorn, Axel F. and even a danced up Pinoy Ako). And believe it or not, I memorized all my songs. That's what 7 months does to you. And during my 30 minutes of playing I sold 20 pieces of my self-recorded CD!

During my performance, I thought I saw something fat standing in the audience. I squinted. It looked like John D, cause it was standing next to Alexis and AJ and anything fat that stands next to Alexis and AJ has got to be JD. I tried to find him. But alas I could not.

After that, I went to Gadong and met up with Clint, Fel and Lyn. Double date? NOT REALLY, cause Vee is back and she dropped by. I also met long-time-no-see-friend Jason who I gave a giant hug when I met him. [Call it what you want, gay or bent. Screw you I love my friends]. I think he's got a girlfriend, cause he was hanging out with a boy and two girls. Now THAT'S a double date.

At the pool area, I talked to Fel and while Lyn and Vee racked up the pool table by playing 9-ball, somewhat funnily. I'm not good myself anyway.

Clint left at 4.30. Fel one hour later. Lyn half-an-hour later and Vee at 6.30.
My Mom forgot to pick me up. And my Dad picked me up at 9.30. Thank goodness for Kevin Loh. He called me and we talked for an hour. How I asnwered his call was quite funny. I was at Euroclassic looking for some stuff, then suddenly my phone was ringing the old 90s song "I'm horny. Horny, horny, horny."
And I went to a cybercafe, checked my mail, talked to JasmineY (finally) and was surprised by all the tags at my blog. Love you all. That really put a smile on my face.
Phew that was long.

No comments: