Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 4

They Broke It

I think Pilihan FM hates me.
Well I was involved with the school in this weekly radio segment that Pilihan gives to schools. And about 2 months ago, I went with some of the recording participants to record our radio segment. There was karaoke done by our nice girls. A nice play narrated by Randy (quite interesting to hear him speak English properly), and...of course...the school called me to join them to play my keyboard.
At first I played the school song in piano mode. All sacred and very mellow. But then they asked me to "jazz it up". Apparently, "jazz it up" means fengtau it. So I did. And the school song was played with 4/4 beats and a melodic siren. They (the recording participants and the Pilihan DJ) were like "That's a nice beat." It's horrible music rape though. Haha.
Anyway I played two songs after that, 'Sway' and 'Popcorn' to be used as the 'Grand Finale'. I re-played those songs at least 3 times cause I was performing under pressure (we had to keep extremely quiet whenever the "ON AIR" light was on, so the beat was *boom*boom*boom* and they were sitting in their seats nodding their heads lightly trying to keep their dance moves to themselves)!!!!
Well yesterday was the airing of the segment on Brunei airwaves. I was so ecstatic to hear Michelle and Louie saying "Your Number One radio station in Brunei" with a breathy tone so ... not very commonly heard by them. Ahah. Then it came to my turn....I played the 2 versions of the SGS School Song, got interviewed by Mich and Lou. And just when I thought they were going to play my final 2 songs, a moody slowrock track came on.
"HEY I DID NOT PLAY THAT!"
THE SHOW WAS FREAKIN' OVER!!!
I was quite disappointed. But I was happy to get a radio debut even Conan in Singapore heard about it, although it's a stupid time to get all *populer* now, since I'm leaving.
I WANT TO FIND OUT WHY PILIHAN FM DID NOT PLAY THOSE LAST 2 SONGS. I'M GOING TO MARCH MY BUTT (WHICH I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TONE) OVER TO MR. SIM'S OFFICE AND DEMAND AN EXPLANATION, BUT IF I SEE TEACHER MENCHIE I'LL RUN AWAY.
And since I'm so free and inspired, I will release a short clip of 'The SGS School Song (Joshua's Dance Remix)', downloadable at some file-hosting site.

No comments: