Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 1

Anatomy Of A Halloween Party

A few days ago was Halloween
And a few kids came over to the house, wearing cute costumes
and went 'trick or treat!'
some kids had entire bags of candy

everything I saw on television is true
this is the childhood festival i've been missing

it wasn't too late for me,
cause i went to a halloween party last saturday night

And let me introduce to you:

THE ANATOMY OF A HALLOWEEN PARTY

The scary decorations

The finger food

The light-machine...

that lights up the dance floor

And...unfortunately, the drinks

And you always need an alien!


And here's me with a couple of friends...




It was a simple Halloween house party
A couple of adults around wearing funny costumes
Rather boring hiphop saturating the dancefloor
A few people falling over

I didn't sip from any beer bottle/can
"FINALLY!" I said when I saw the Pepsi.

I came home around 2am

I didn't come home feeling like throwing up
I didn't come home wondering where the hell I was
I didn't come home walking like I spun around 30 times
I didn't come home singing Frank Sinatra's 'My Way'

I didn't come home drunk

I know how to have a good time...
without having to feel like crap the next day


Had to go to church the following morning
I actually woke up at 7.30am!

It was a really nice weekend.

But come Monday I felt depressed again...
As the Daylight Savings Time stopped...
and it got dark by 5.30pm

1 comment:

Queen Sana said...

I am so proud of you.

You are proof it CAN be done.

Thanks for this, I DID need it.