Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 7

Triple-header Weekend Post

GIRL FROM ECUADOR
It was my 2nd week attending salsa classes at the uni. The class was still relatively small. 7 girls and 4 guys (me included) and the instructor. "Anyone can dance the salsa!" he said with an optimistic vibe, to the two new guys who joined the class. "When I started out I thought I was hopeless. But now look at me. Teaching!" Haha! I thought he was silently quoting "Those who can't do, teach."

Throughout the class we learned some new moves and switched partners often so we'd get to know each other. Yeah the girl-to-boy ratio wasn't even. So there actually was a girl dancing with a girl.

So let's see...
At first I was dancing with Maggie. She's a nice real Chinese girl (real Chinese meaning she comes from THE REAL MAINLAND CHINA) with short straight hair, studying business. And then after a while I was dancing with AL (Anonymous Label). I didn't find it too enjoyable, cause her breath was drenched with the smell of alcohol. And there was this one move the dancers' bodies have to come reasonably close. IT WAS SO NOT SEXY.

And then after much dancing and learning how to execute the
Dile que no (tell her "no") move perfectly, the class was over. Just before the class was over I partnered up with this quite quiet girl. She asked me where I was from. I said "Brunei." And she gave me the same confused look everyone else who asked me where I was from gave. So to make things clearer I just said "It's near Malaysia". And she went "Oh." Any Malaysian should be happy with me. I'm giving your country a boost eh! And I'm such a disgrace I probably know more about Malaysia than the Philippines.

We danced to a little merengue. Being the clueless dancer that I was I didn't know what move to make. So she was the one who showed me a couple of new moves. I tried some of them out but try after try I did them wrongly. Although I felt awkward + embarassed. I still managed to say a few words.

ME: Wow. You're good!
HER: Thank you.
ME: How do you know all these moves?
HER: I'm from Ecuador.
ME: OHHHH.

Then I went back to dancing with Maggie to hide my embarassment. Haha.

STRINGS ARE ALWAYS SEXIER
Have you ever wanted to hear what tracks by Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Fallout Boy and even Marliyn Manson sound like when they're played by a string quartet? Well I want to too. So far I've only heard Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance songs string style. Helena done orchestraichally sounds/feels so beautifully done, you really can imagine the dead girl from the video doing ballet to the song.

The String Quartet Tribute list of covered albums.

INNER CIRCLES
Jason's
been telling me to stop quoting The Beatles. He says they're his band. Kevin Loh wants me to make my laptop start-up time at least 10 seconds. I don't get the point. Amir's been doing assignments. He's getting an Xbox 360. Mae replied me a short one. Maybe that's because I just sent her a "Hi. How're you. Got to go. I'm busy. Take care" email. John D and JasmineY have something in common. I'm not telling you. Jo San's in UK. Conan's hair is shockingly red! Teo's been in a spat with some horrible people. Shenny's moved to a new house. She wants me to meet her in Gadong later. I told her I'd be 24 hours late. Grace, where are you? And Amilyn hit me with her tuna fish 3 times the other day. Sana is on holidays now. Fel's mum was thinking of getting e-speed. Her computer crashed too and she's lost all her Photoshop brushes. Clinton left me a message when I woke up: "GOOD AFTEREVENING!"

And I thought these time-zones were not helping.

1 comment:

Queen Sana said...

I know what it isss.........

THEIR NAMES START WITH J!

MEAHA, I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

Thought you could stop The Master of Secret Crackingness, huh, did ya?!

Please just shoot me and put me OUT of my misery, someone, anyone?!