Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 13

Dance, Reverse, Snap!

So...it was salsa class again last night, and the girl from Ecuador was there again. I partnered up with her a couple of times. She was pretty groovy.

And Kevin Loh gave me ADVICE ON HOW TO TALK TO GIRLS.

[x = me; y=kevin]

X: Anything you would like to advise me on?
Y: Well the girl from Ecuador did show you some moves. Hope you executed them well and not...step on her feet.
X: Anything else?
Y: Why did you say "OHH" then move on to someone else? Try to engage in a talk!
X: I was embarassed.
Y: You should share that with her. Or she'll have negative thoughts about you, like "Why are you avoiding me"
X: Oh...okay.
Y: But she'll probably say, "Oh and Bruneians must be great at foot-stepping".
X: HAHA.
Y: That's how I learn to avoid embarassment, by manipulating and twisting words to create jokes.
X: Oh really?
Y: Yes. You're a creative and multi-talented person. Good luck.

I can't say I didn't try what Kevin suggested. I did talk a little. She talked very little. Well that won't stop me from going to salsa class again!

For my engineering practical yesterday, we had reverse engineering as our 'hands on' investigation. Me and other 4 team members took apart an old Panasonic dot matrix printer. I didn't know Panasonic even made printers back in 1992! What's even more bizarre is that you can still buy some of these old printers and their parts online.

Here's some pictures.

Here's Ryan taking apart the control panel switchboard.


Justin putting all the screws found in the machine into a small tube. About 115 screws.


All the parts from the printer sorted out, which I did.

So after two hours of investigation and 'take-apart-like-Lego' fun, the professor suddenly said "Okay. Now put them back." Whan an advanced April Fool's joke.

Tomorrow night, I'll be playing my first ever post-wedding dinner reception gig. Wish me luck. I need it. I don't know what to play yet.

Perhaps I've gotten a little vain over the past month. What to do? Have camera, will take pictures of self. Here's a nice one.


I've also felt my creative side resurfacing again. More ideas for photographs, and even more ideas for jazzy chord progressions on the keyboard!







And lastly...


1 comment:

SaRsTeR said...

josh josh you look chubbier at your pics your course seems cool