Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 27

Turbulence On A Plane

Yeap. Turbulence. Not snakes. Turbulence. Terrifying 30 second turbulence.

Getting lifted off my seat twice 30000 feet above ground on a plane and wondering whether the plane would make it to Toronto in one piece? Definitely a 'What I Did For Summer' essay topic. Unfortunately I won't be taking any English when the Fall term begins (on the 7th next month, I think).

I'm now in very eastern Canada, living in Saint John, New Brunswick. It's a very nice town, with very nice places to go, and very nice people. And the houses here are very nice to look at, too but sometimes I get freaked out.

We're at the end of summer right now and the climate is very comfortable and quite tolerable for a new Asian kid like me. Getting up to a 17 is nice. Walking around in the afternoon with a 23 is nice too. And going to bed comfortably in an un-air-conditioned room while the outside drops to 7 is definitely nice. I don't know if I'm prepared for winter though. People around here say normal winter temperatures drop to -10 to -20. The worst this town has ever had to face...was -40. I'm...doomed.

Things here are expensive. So if you want me to get you something, you might just want to forget about it cause with the allowance I'll be getting, I don't think I'll be forking out any under 'Gifts4Friends' any time soon. But...hope for the best! There are a lot of bargain stores around here.

Broadband here is blazingly fast and affordable. I downloaded 800MB in 20 minutes a few days ago. I'm not lying. So, I gleefully point and laugh at those with the so called e-speed to e-speed2 upgrade. Blah. But you can point and laugh at me cause I won't be owning a fancy iPod Video, flashy Sony Ericsson W810, or a sleek Tag Heuer watch anytime ever. But I did get a sexy Creative Zen Neeon from Joel, Ron, Tek and Ben!

The food here is yumyum. I agree with Chester. Vegetarians don't know what they're missing! I've only been here a week and already I've tasted food my taste buds would never have imagined tasting. Lobster, pork ribs and grilled chicken breast? I'm going to get fat, and happy. But I'm going to work out and make someone else happy.

But still, I miss Brunei a lot and I miss the people I left behind without saying proper goodbyes. My last days here... I haven't had the pleasure of being trigger happy with my camera, but here's what I could best come up with. I promise more!

I should get this laptop off my lap. I heard the heat it emits damages a certain life-making organ and the performance of the life-making process.

getting very thirsty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

joshi, i'm sorry i didn't get to see you off! I miss you already la!
I hope you're having fun!
Thanks for praying for me, I'm going for my second interview on weds at empire. Event sales co-ordinator yo! Hahaha.
Meat, good.
*hugs*

Amilyn said...

ok, im gonna reverse a statement originally from you. "you wont come back if i get fat" to "don't come back if you get fat." hahahaha! i know you wont. im not so sure about myself though :P



i'll rehydrate you! come back!

Amilyn said...

oh did you think about the scene from the very first episode of LOST during the turbulence? hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Haha so so sorry I did not see you off. You remembered what I said the day before you left I've got something so important that day as to even not attending school on the day. And the reason will remain a mystery for you to go figure.

Well, I was laughing out loud when you said the heat damages a life-giving organ. Of course your right except have you checked your battery at http://dellbatteryprogram.com ? Well I hope you plug in your AC adapter whilest at home. I heard that Apple laptop battery are also affected as it was manufactured by Sony which is alledgedly reported that tiny pieces of metal were left in the electrolyte during the sealing/crimping of the battery.

Let me fuel the battery fire, It was reported that a Maxtor harddisk also caught fire.

WOW a 800MB in 20 Seconds? Let me do the math :

800MB is exactly --> 819200000 bytes
At time = 20 minutes --> 20*60 1200 seconds.

Hence dload rate = FileSize Per Time Taken.

819200000bytes/1200seconds = 682666.66b/s or 682666 and (32/50)

meaning ~ 682667 Bytes per second --> 666.66 KB/s (wow such a number)

It is faster than e-speed 2 for sure. Can I have a share of your bandwidth?

Anyway I visited your blog nearly everyday anticipating for your reply and here it is. But I was intrigued you did not post a longer blog.

Wintery blisteringly cold evenings, I wonder have you check up on the heater or will you be cryogenically frozen before that.

I received your free sms you sent. I tried to call your cellphone (to see if your alive) but was not possible, all I heard is 3 short beeps and auto disconnect. Reminds me like as if your stuck in a trench or blackhole where radio waves are Impenetrable.

My I was intrigued you did not post about planets. What? You know there are only 8 planets in our solar system as pluto get a kick by the boot and considered a dwarf planet as it failed to be in one of the criterias for a an object in space to be classified as a planet. It failed to meet criteria #3 where it does not clear the neighbourhood around its orbit.

I dont know if you have a flight phobia but if you continously watch Air Craft Disaster in Nat Geo you would know what I mean.

You mentioned a lot on your physical surroundings food, climate, hospitality, economy and I can safely assume your comfortable there except the 'home' part. Perhaps the houses are Tudor-like or have a Gothic appearance.

In addition, you described food you have tried. Lobsters, Pork ribs and grilled chicken breast. I was suprised you have tried pork ribs or chicken breast, given you proportion of Chinese in you 1/16. Remember the Pai-Kut and the Sau-Ro-Chi-Fan from lucky Restaurant. The one I let you tried at the nearby Pasar concrete table stand where you were eating the common fried rice with egg.

So, with this long comment or should I say much addition to your blog I think it is deemed fit for me to end here.

Amilyn said...

OMG KEV. that is such a LONG comment.